Fettuccine with Blue Cheese, Arugula & Crispy Prosciutto
- Photo and Recipe courtesy of <a href='http://foxeslovelemons.com/' target='_blank'>Foxes Love Lemons</a>, Lori Yates
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
ounces whole wheat fettuccine
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into 1/4” strips
garlic cloves, minced
medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4” pieces
c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
c. crumbled blue cheese
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
tsp. ground black pepper
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta-cooking water; set aside. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in large high-sided skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Transfer to small bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and zucchini to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add walnuts; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, lemon juice, pepper and pasta-cooking water to skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add arugula, pasta and prosciutto; cook 1 minute or until heated through.